To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cute as a Bunny!

Hello, my sweet friends! I'm happy to be posting on the My Craft Spot blog today. :o)

For my project, I made a bright and cheerful card for a very special child. This month the I Feel the Love Project is spreading love and sunshine to children who are abused, neglected, and at-risk. Our contributions are being sent to a fabulous nonprofit center (Tennyson Center for Children) who works with such children. IFTL is collecting birthday cards for the kids, as well as general encouraging/cheerful cards for moments when a child or staff member is having a difficult day. What a privilege to create for such a cause.

Driven by the desire to give any (and every) reason for one of the children to smile, I made a sweet little scene filled with bright colors and designs. :o)
Many of these elements are typically "Easter" in theme, but my purpose in using them is just for general sweetness. Should it be viewed as Easter, that would be fine... it would show the recipient that I was thinking of them during this festive time. :o) It's not rare for me to get emotional during IFTL work and that proved the case with this one. It's nearly unbearable to think of children being harmed, so I tried to channel that heartache into making the happiest card possible.
The adorable duckie in the egg cut file is from the Easter Quacks collection from Treasure Box Designs. I used a sweet sentiment from My Craft Spot's Stamping All Around Spring 2 as part of the egg design, which I've cut out with the coordinating Tiny Doilies metal dies. The adorable Carrot House cut file is from Little Scraps of Heaven, to which I've added MCS Candied Orange crinkle ribbon and Honeydew twine. I made my sun with dies from the Lacy Banners set. The card base shape is from the Silhouette Online store.

I couldn't resist using that adorable bunny paper for the window of my carrot house! Those rambunctious sweethearts are having all sorts of fun inside! Instead of using regular orange for the house, I used adorable carrot paper. All SEVEN of the patterned papers I used on this card are from Doodlebug's Hello Spring collection. I am excited to have it for kiddo cards.

The sentiment along the bottom is from the Big Sentiments 2 stamp set... I wanted to be sure the child knows that I'm sending him/her so many happy thoughts. There is tons of dimension which a side view would have nicely shown, but I was in a rush. I pray it brings the most beautiful smile to a hurting child's heart. It is filled with my and God's love and I have faith that it will serve as the warm embrace I wish I could give.

Thank you for hopping on by! I wish you a beautiful day of love and chocolate. :o)

Challenges entered:
 *613 Avenue Create~ Anything Goes (Optional: Spring)
 *Crafting From the Heart~ Anything Goes (Optional: Easter)
 *Crafty Catz~ Springtime
 *Crafty Ribbons~ Anything Goes with Ribbon
 *Creative Fingers~ Anything Goes
 *DL.Art~ April Linky Party
 *Love to Create~ Anything Goes for Kids
 *One Stitch at a Time~ Flowers
 *Really Reasonable Ribbon~ Flowers or Buttons and Bows
 *Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge~ Anything Goes

28 comments:

  1. Karen, this has to be the sweetest card ever! I pray that it reaches a child that has need of such joy! You are an inspiration!

    Love and Hugs, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just love that carrot house and chick in the bunny suit Karen!!!!! Your card is absolutely adorable on so many levels, my heart breaks for any child who is abused in any way , what a sin.... If my orders dissipate any I will certainly be making a card to make one of these beautiful persons smile, you are so sweet to always be there to put a smile on the face of a child that really needs it, may you be blessed many times over..lots of love, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, it is clear to see the love you have put into making this card. It certainly is full of the joys of Spring. The cute papers are so beautiful and you have used them so well creating such a lovely scene. The carrot house filled with bunnies is so much fun and the duck in the egg is adorable.
    This is sure to give so much pleasure.
    I hope you are having a good week, my talented and kind friend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is so bright and cheery!! It can't help but make a child or a staff member feel better after a bad day :) You continue to design fabulous cards and we are so fortunate that they come our way! Thank you so much! We love you!
    ~Madison and Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute bunny/duckie scene Karen... love the images and all the cute details you made to create this card...This definitely will make anyone smile.... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just commented on FB ...that is it an overload of CUTENESS!!!
    Let's begin with the carrot house...I do not think that my eyes have ever vision such Cuteness! Seriously too darn cute. Adore the purple little flowers, very Sweet!
    As for the Bunny well that is ADORABLE!! I just want to squeeze him tight!! ADORE his bunny ears..LOL!
    It is so beautiful and so Perfect that it will truly bring a smile to any child's face over and over again.
    Overload of LOVE!! Yours and God's!!
    You fill my heart with such joy and a smile that will not go away!
    Thank you for that my angelic friend.
    Sending tons of love, hugs and smiles
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sweetest friend, what an amazing Easter scene you've created that will definitely bring a huge smile to a child's face!! The carrot house - fabulous and so stinkin' creative!! I bet there is a long waiting list of bunnies wanting to live there ;) And that has to be the cutest chick ever!! That face!! Those blue eyes!! Those bunny ears!! Love!! And how creative to cut down the sentiment to fit on the egg!! This is just super-duper fantastic!! I love every single detail that you added!! As always, you have brought a huge smile to my face with your love-filled project!! I hope you are having the most fabulous week my sweet friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card, so thoughtful and creative.This is so full of cheerfulness and I am sure it will bring a smile to a child's face.

    Thank you so much for joining us over at the OSAAT challenge this week, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, love the colours, .thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ and CRAFTY RIBBONS.....GOOD LUCK x carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Karen your card is soooo sweet such adorable images and the layout is so lovely great cheerful backing papers too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Karen, this is just so lovely. The colours are wonderful and your background paper is just perfect.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time for our FLOWER challenge this week. Good luck.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and good luckmx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Design....thank you for your valued support in entering our challenge, without you we would have no challenge. Good Luck in the draw next Saturday.....and I do hope you will join us again next week...for another fab challenge....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card, so filled with love and warmth, love the cute scene and fresh colours, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is adorable! i love seeing the bunnies peeping thru the window of the door!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen,,,, your card is simply darling... It's totally adorable and just puts a smile on your face.... Way to go with all the details.... :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet! Love the cute bunny chick! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet card! I'm sure it will bring a BIG smile to the child's face when they open the envelope. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes for Kids Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cutest card ever! Love those eyes and yes that paper in the window is just too adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness - this is super adorable. Love the chick and then the little carrot house. Fabulous papers and design. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karen, I am in LOVE with this card!! I think I'd like to live in that adorable carrot house. The carrot print paper is just so fun - and that window box? Just TOO cute!! That little chick in her bunny ears is darling. All those fabulous pattern papers work so wonderfully well together too. What a precious creation!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 23: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another gorgeous shaped card, and for such a great cause. Just love the scene you've created...amazing use of die cuts too. Thank you for joining the Flower Challenge at OSAAT! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my! This card is way too adorable to give away! Thanks for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just awesome. Love it!!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Love to Create.

    Kitty
    LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness, Karen! This card is so cute! I love the shape of the base and the chick is adorable! I love how you added the sentiment to the egg and the crinkle ribbon on the carrot house looks great! I really like how you added the bling to the corners too! This card will definitely brighten the day to whoever receives it! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your project!

    Thanks for joining us at RRR.
    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips